Kims present to herself

With Xbox 360 in hand I headed into see Kim. She had paid for it out of her own money as an early Christmas present to herself. We had just gone out and got it for her. Tested it as all the equipment being used in the hospital has to be PAT* tested, and clean it down so it has as little bug on it as possible.

It been a couple of days since she should have been out, her white cell count is still too low. The doctors hope to have it high enough for Kim to be out for Christmas. Which will be good, she loves her Christmas dinners, and she complains about the hospital food.

As I walk thought the door into the cell, Kim looked down. I think I would be too if I had to look at the same white walls for 26 days. She see the Xbox and brightened a bit. We get chatting about things as I unpack it. As my back was turned Kim asked "Dave, I know you don't bet but.......

screech of brakes. Everything freezes. I turn from my PC screen to look at you.

Hello dear blog reader, hope you are all well.
I bet you are wondering why I stop this posting mid flow.

Well I'm in a dilemma

The next bit is Kims thoughts and feeling about someone, and I believe that at this time putting it on the blog for all to see will cause pain and hurt to them.

So I have decided it is best to leave it between the 4 people that know about what happened next.
Apologizes, but I have not made this decision lightly.

Right back to the posting


with the Xbox installed and Mamma Mia in the CD drive, I collect the dirty washing and head off to the car park, with the bet with Kim heavy on my soul. I know its hard but I hold out hope.

Seeing Kim down like that and thinking in that way make me feel even more down than usual.



*Portable Appliance Testing, a test to check that electrical equipment is safe to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment