The undertakers

I love the second or two of just after you wake before the memory kicks in. Then I remember the events of yesterday. I just feel like pulling the duvet over my head and let the world get on with it. Finally I get up, I don't want to I just want to leave my numb body in bed and weep into my pillow. But I can't do that as there are thing to do.

I head downstairs and slump in a chair, thinking of what had to be done today. A cup of coffee and toast appear thanks to shell, who by the looks of it is trying to get though it by keeping busy. I did not want to eat but I did anyway, it was after all breakfast time.

We have to go to the funeral directors, they need a slip of paper we have to return Kim to Oswestry. Shell does not want to go so, it is me and Shell's mum Pat that heads off to the funeral directors, to get the wheel in motion.

The Funeral directors, David Davies & Sons is a bit, umm, unique. The uniqueness and eccentricity of this company is evident in there car park. As you pull in it like the undertakers car park but the left side of it has everything you expect at a window fitters.

You may think its weird having a undertaker doing window fitting, But I don't even think about it as I concentrate on the matter in hand. Getting though the day and getting the tasks I need to do done.

We are greeted by a lovely man, with window sealant on his work issue sweatshirt. Who show us into the meeting room and says someone will be with us shorty. Gillian arrives and with all the care you expect of a family run funeral directors talked and help though the first parts of organizing a burial.

We get to the point where she asks what coffin we would like. My dark humour kicked in as defence, I am able to hold in the comment of 'can we have a glass one'. As we looked though the catalogue, I wondered if anyone has asked for or joked about a glass one before.

With the wheels in motion for the funeral, with the lovely caring undertaker, we head home, Pat is worse for wear, so am I but the hard defensive coating stop it showing.

As I walk though the house, to do the next task, I miss the unopened letter on the side, a letter that explains a lot about how my daughter Steph is taking what is happening.

After a long day of doing stuff I did not have the get up and go to do. I sat down at the computer and on to facebook seeing the status I posted last night, referring to my one when Kim went back after Christmas. 'Dave and Shell have fallen off the treadmill with a big crash. Kim passed away on the 24th of February' . I go to Kim facebook page and look at all the comments, My eyes filling with tears, then I see a friend has started a group called ' in loving memory of Kimberley Jones'

That was the point where I had to give up on the Computer, I could not see it though the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment