1st March

Its the 1st of march. I am on semi auto pilot, looking at a headstone catalogue. Half way though I realise what the date is, St David day, my 30th birthday. And here I am choosing a headstone, not the way I imagined I would be doing for my 30th.

This got me thinking about how the last 3 days have not been normal. And one came straight to mind. I had been to visit Doctor L to tell him Kim has passed away. It seemed fitting as he come to visit us on the cold and damp night in November to tell us the news.

Doctor L is sitting in chair as we talk, I fill him in with the bits a medical report just does not cover, about how shell is or is not coping. My thoughts on what help we need, that we could do with counselling. As we talk about Kim his caring side, the side that made him swear the Hippocratic oath shows. It must be hard to sit there and staying professional, as you talk about a person you known since birth and her death. You got to hand it to them.

I had been to see the vicar. To see if we could play pre recorded music for the funeral. We could so now we needed to find them. Then to the undertakers for the order of service. We had worked out what hymns to use with the help of my Mum.

We had the back page done. The top had a poem, and the bottom was the thanks and where donations were going.

I found the poem on a free online poem site it did not have a writers name. Shame really. I will finish this posting with the poem.

Time has taken me from you
Although not very far
I'll be watching though the sunshine
And though the brightest star.

I'll be watching all of you
From the heavens above
So take good care of each other
And carry all my love.

If you're ever wondering
If I'm there, here's where you can start
Take a look inside yourself
Deep within your heart.

I'll always be your baby
Your child, your best friend
So anytime you need me
Close your eyes I'm back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment