Am I in eastenders - Part 4

As I get into the cubical a wave of pain reminds me that I'm not well. As I slide onto the bed the thoughts of Kim where blocked out by the pain and the tiredness that filled my body. As I try and fail to get comfortable on the bed the time starts ticking for the A&E dept.

I lost track of time. The medical shock that my body had gone though had taken it out of me. I was dosing off. When I went to the loo I knew I been there for just over an hour from the four hour target screen*. Test happened, bloods, x rays, etc.

Placing the Venflon was a difficult thing. After the multi able failed attempts to get it into the back of my hands, although it felt like it was trying to though them. The member of staff gives up and puts it into my right arm. Due to the pain I'm in I don't realize the how much I would come to hate that Venflon.

I look up at the X ray machine, humming away above the table. The hum changes tone as it takes a snap of my guts and other internal organs. As this is going on I am wonder about what happening with Kim. What Shell is thinking about this, and should I smile for the X ray camera. How the hell the last one got in there is anyone guess!!

Back in A&E I have a wave of pain in my back and the feeling of a full bladder shorty after. Wandering back from the loo I look at my name on the Four hour target screen, I had been in their lovely care for 2hr 50mins. Oh well, smoke and phone shell I think. Quick note in left the cubical and outside.

There I stand, hospital gown, unzipped fleece, work trousers and steel toe cap work boots. I think it will be in the next collection for the discerning patent. Yeah right! I look a bit stupid but I really did not care. Shell tells me Kim finds it funny, trust her and thought I was unwell. I could hear shells mum in the background. I just felt so helpless, stuck in A&E until they knew what was wrong with me.

I was lying on the bed in the cubical when the A&E doctor appears. She smiles and tells me they know what wrong. I have Kidney stones and I and going to be admitted. She leaves for the time being. I lay back look at the ceiling and think

AM I IN EASTENDERS... Duff Duff Duff (theme tune continues) fade to black.


* A big screen that puts unneeded pressure on to over worked A&E Staff to get 98% of patents out of A&E in under 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment