hospitalization Part1

After my Eastender's moment. I phoned shell, got Alec to park my Defender on Matt's drive. I'm still in A&E. Awaiting transfer to the ward. My name on the 4 hour screen changes to red, I had been in the dept for over 4 hours when the porter come to take me to the ward.

As I am being wheeled up to the ward in wheelchair, I wonder why I just cant walk. My legs are fine, I have been walking fine. But a porter has to wheel me up to the ward, how embarrassing. I could feeling my face going red.

On the ward, I was being booked in when the Kim lead nurse turned up on the ward, The funny looks you get when a hematology nurse from ward 23H turns up looking for you. I do wonder if they thought she was there for a problem with me. In a little office on the ward. We got down to business. Signing forms talking about Kim's treatment, my illness and its timing.

By the time we had finished. My dad turned up with nightwear and it other bits you need to during a stay in hospital. A swap was taken from my nose to test for MRSA during this dad waves the hat I have with me with the name of the first aid organization I volunteer for on the front. Thanks dad!!

I had a bed near the window over looking A&E, Dad had gone. I found there was no earphones for the bed radio system. You know the ones just tubes no electrical bits. I look around and wonder if I could find the following one oxygen tube, medical tape, and a pair of tuff cut scissors to make some earphones.*

With boredom setting in I when for a smoke then headed up to see Kim. I was washing my hands, one of the staff is looking at my wrist the one with my patent tag on. As I enter the isolation room Kim chuckles at me and says “what you like”. I grin and reply don't start. I sit down to to talk with kim and watch tv, as I do I wonder if this pain running from my venflon into my shoulder should be there.


*I will have a go at doing that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment