Am I in eastenders - Part 3

The Blue lights tint the living room ceiling as I think about the readings. Blood pressure error less than readable, Oxygen level 94%, Pulse 30 bpm.* my god this is not good. A member of the ambulance service arrives beside me and assesses the illness**. He stands up with a look that says, 'Hospital investigation'. I close my eyes for a second when I open them there is him Matt and two crew. Standing side by side, like the four horse men of the apocalypse.

I am told what the paramedics† face said. I needed to go in for further investigation. My heart could not sunk any lower, if it could of it would of.

I walked to the ambulance, unsteady and in pain. And sit down in the chair. Mat puts my bag and coat into the ambulance and the door slides shut with a clunk. The attending crew member pulls out a blue bag. Entonox a pain reliving gas. And starts to ask me question, I already know them as I am medical gases trained. So to save time I told him that I had no contra-indicators, Know what is it and how to use it.


As I move the mouth piece up to my face, I wondering. I have given this drug to many people over the years in my volunteering. But never needed to use it myself. And now I am going to find out what it feels like to use. Into my mouth goes the bite bit and I start to breath it in deeply.

Wow, I check I've got my seat belt on to hold me to the chair, I'm sure my bum is lifting from it. I feel like I'm floating. The vehicle moves off and the attendant start asking the usual question. Bloody hell I sound like I'm drunk.

I am sucking on it well. That means one thing. Taking too much of it into my system. Arrrr, Itchy teeth first symptom of having too much. So I stop, the attendant tells me to carry on using it and nods when I tell him I had too much, I got itchy teeth. They stop and I carry on with it, a bit of a mistake.

The feeling sick part of having too much arrived, I pull out the vombag†† that Mat gave me when I was in his front room. And proceed to umm, use it. Ambulance crews are very happy when you don't cover there vehicle with your breakfast or any other meal of the day. I look up after finishing to see him holding out some tissue. As I wipe my mouth he asks if I feel better for it as I look better for it. I did. I saw myself in a refection and I was look a bit more heather than before.


The ambulance pulls up at A&E. As I get off, I look up at the window of the Isolation room Kim was in and wondered, how my illness would affect looking after her. As I am wheeled into the building my thoughts turn to whats wrong with me.


*Health Oxygen levels are 99 to 97% and 60 to 80 ppm (beats per minute) at rest. Off the top of my head

** I will save you from the boredom of what I remember of it

I think he was a paramedic

†† vomit (sick) bag

No comments:

Post a Comment