hospitalization- Part 3

I get stirred into life by the sounds of breakfast and observations*. Ok the breakfast is not 5 star, luckily it cereal so I can rest my sore arm with the venflon in it.

A nurse comes around to do my observation. They are fairly normal, if you can call me normal. I comment about the venflon and was told they would not remove it yet. Out for a smoke then wait for Doctors around.

Lets skip the boring bits of being stuck in hospital. Hits fast forward. Lad across the way up on walking frame, more comments on pain of venflon, visiting kim, feeling helpless. Wrapped up in the thoughts of kim.

Hits play.
Time for a MRI** scan. On the scanners table I slide in and out, with the induction sounds of the magnets. Day dreaming about my steel toe cap boots taken flight and flying though the control rooms window into the scanner, yes I know it could not happen under normal operating conditions.

Hits fast forwards Hits play
I am sitting in the smoking shelter, the pain is still shooting up from the venflon to my shoulder. I forgotten how may time I commented on the problem, and was wondering if it was to do with the stunt my dad pulled with the hat.
I have tears in my eyes I don't know if it to do with kim or the pain I am in. A nurse came and sat down she is off my ward. She asked what was wrong so I told her about the pain.

Been back on ward 10 mins venflon removed, thank god! Next time I have to have one in I will tell them to get lost, maybe in stronger terms!!!

Hits fast forwards Hits play
The consultant's junior Doctor appears, talks some medical crap. Tells me I got kidney stones and I will get a letter for an appointment in 6 weeks time. That I am going to have some medication and when I get it I will be let loose on the world one more.

I pack, all 50 second of it and head out for a smoke. He forgot to say one thing, he ordered the medication before coming up to the ward. I am greeted by a nurse on returning to the ward, she explains the medication to me and discharges me.



* Checking of Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature and other thing Doctors want checking.
** Magnetic resonance imaging, Look like over sized washing machine with big electro magnets inside.
Make a note of this 6 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment