hospitalization- Part 2

I headed back up to the ward. It was getting close to Visiting time. Dad arrived saying Mum visiting Kim first. After a while mum appears. Telling me Kim been making jokes about my stones. At least my problem is amusing to someone. At the end of their visit I walked down with my parents for a smoke. I waved them good by, and headed back to the ward.

I am sitting on the bed, a bloke in my bay is trying to attract the attention of a nurse. After about 8 minutes my caring side get the better of me. So I ask if I can help. He had broke his hip in a fall and could not get out of bed to go to the loo and wanted the curtain around his bed closing so he could relieve himself. I am only happy to do this. One less job for the nursing staff.

I talked to him. He did tell me his name, that has been lost in my weird memory. Which is sad. Nice chap used to work in maintenance at the hospital and sails in a mere near Ellesmere.

It was time to turn in for the night, I was not ready to sleep. The bed by the window was nice as everyone else drifted into the land of nod, my mind was a wash with thoughts, feelings and emotion that and the pain running from my venflon to my shoulder.

I looked out over the A&E entrance entered though earlier in the day and the ambulances arriving and departing. I feel so numb, so disconnected with the world outside the window. A world getting on with daily life. After a while I laid back on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

There is someone next to me, I open an eye a bit it still dark out side. That person is a nurse holding a B.P cuff*, Just as she was going to put it on my arm I said gently “hi” and opened my eyes fully. This poor nurse jump in surprise. “Whoops did not mean to do that, sorry”

After the very early morning health check, I drifted back off to sleep.


*Blood pressure cuff, a band that goes around your arm that feel like it trying to squeeze your arm so hard it going to fail off.

No comments:

Post a Comment