Christmas Day - Part 2

Shell and her mum Pat are busy cooking in the kitchen. The smell wafting out was wonderful, there is nothing like the smell of a Christmas dinner being cooked. I could not hang around the kitchen door taking in the wonderful mixture of smells. I got to get on and set up for the dinner.

With eleven People eating, I had to get the table, well to be correct tables and chairs ready. We had some and the rest came from mine & shell parents. So cue the Christmas favourite of walking across the road, with a dining chair from the in law in each hand.

Before long half of the table was up in the middle of the front room, my parents arrive with a garden table and chairs to join ours and complete the the extra large table area. As I looked around at the finished table with the mismatch chairs of differing heights, I knew that Christmas social meeting was upon us.

We all sit down to eat. Kim has opted for the sofa, and with the conversion of mine & shell's dad I don't blame her one bit. I see food disappearing under the table, thanks to Steph & Stuart. Then something runs into my legs. It was billy Kims dog having a whale of a time, with the food being chucked under the table for him.

With Billy Shut in the kitchen, there was nowhere for the kids to hide the bits of the Christmas dinner they did not like. My dad and shells dad George are putting the world to right over what was left of the sprouts , stuffing and cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment