Christmas Day - Part 3

Kim pulls a face and mutters as I wave the thermometer at her. “I'm fine, I don't need to do that to know I'm fine” “well, if you are fine, then you won't mind proving it to me” was my reply as I put it in her hand.

As Kim sits there with the thermometer in mouth in my mum & dads front room, We have only just finished the beef or turkey baps. Steph and my dad are setting up her wii, with some comical moments.

Kim hands back the thermometer say “told you I was fine, why do we have to go though it all the time, its almost as bad as at hospital, they keep doing it every five flipping minutes” I threaten to use my BP & Oxygen Saturation* machines when we got home if she carry on complaining. Her reply was something like**,' you can go away with that idea'

With the Wii set up it was time to play, bowling as four people could play it, as we did steph got over enthusiastic and her control flew out of her hand, flying straight up in the air and hit the ceiling hard, she dives of to side as it thuds to the floor near where she had been standing. We all laughed after we all looked up to see if there was a dent.

After much fun with the wii and time getting on. It was time to head for home. We are all tried out, and every one falls asleep, well almost everyone. I lay there looking at the ceiling thinking about the fun we had today, and how having a seriously ill child bring home the family togetherness that Christmas is all about.


*pulse oximeter as used by ambulance crew to see if you need oxygen.
** There was a few rude words used, I will leave you to work out what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment