Gunk

I am on the way to see Kim, we need to to about a phone call shell made to the ward that had her worried. I wash up and head in to the cell, sorry isolation room.

“ok, why aren't you” I asked “I don't like them” “ you need to eat to keep your strength up, get the vitamins and minerals you need” I reply. “It's crap, would you eat budget meals, cook in bulk, left to dry up, harden and go gooey for ages on a heated trolley?”

I am lost for words for a second or two, as I was trying to talk Kim back into regulator eating and my answer to her would be no. But I can't as I would prove her right. So I say the first thing that come into my head “ You know some of the places I eat at some times. I have to resort to a small hack saw to cut some of that food.”

Kim sighs and give me a look of 'is that the best you could do' “I see your jokes are not getting any better” We carry on the great food debate until we notice a young nurse doing something to the white board strip used for the patient name on the door. She gets up smiles, waves and points to the outside of the door, before opening it so we can see what she has done.

It was a great free hand drawing of spongebob Square pants, Kim loved it. After chatting about the drawing, the nurse started chatting about Kim eating. She nips out of view for a second or to and reappears with an apron on as the conversation carried on.

“Maybe some more teenage type meals could be more to your taste” the nurse suggests “as long as it looks like food, and not something that get dunked on your head in Get your own back” Kim replies. “ok, We will have to raid the children's wards menu then” With this the nurse leaves with a smiles and see you later.

I am have a bit of a mix of thoughts and emotions as I leave. Relief that another angle has been found for Kim eating problem. But worry that it may not work and she gets worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment