To Blog or Not to Blog?

I have started writing in a notepad, as a way of remember or off load random stuff that appears in my head. I am still going to do this even though I am doing counselling sessions.

But what do I do with this mix of conciousness? When I'm done, burn it? Keep it in a dark cupboard for the rest of my life collecting dust? I think what I am going though deserve more than destroying or forgetting, but what am I going to do with it.

I have been typing on to the pc as well, throwing strongly imprinted days at the digital world that is a Open Office document. Its just a mess, I don't know what to do these ranting of a dyslexic, full of holes, spelling and grammar mistakes.

Anyway, I start chatting to Dawn a fellow Radio Shropshire listener on twitter. About what I should do with it, and if I should blog it.

Wondering if anyone would read my drivel, There was a big rush to buy the rights to publish the story in the women's gossip mags. But that would have been written properly with miss quoting and edited for suspense and emotions.

During the chat, Dawn made a comment along the lines of “Write the blog for you, no one else. If people read it, then that a bonus” or words to that effect. She should know about blogging, she had just been nominated for a blog award.

So as I carried on deliberating to blog or not to blog. I started to sort out the mess of words that laid on my computer. I was not expecting it to be easy. Far from it, I was expecting it to be a bloody nightmare. Spell checker and a online dictionary came to my aid. As I bashed away at the keys to write what was to become the first proper post, that I would name A bad night.

During the second block of writing, which was to become 3 posting of first full day, I wandered to Blogspot.com, a blogging site and joined up. All I needed now was a name and something to put on the blog.

I carried on writing the rest of the 3 postings, I start to cry. The story of Kim, her illness and our experience was coming to life. The pain and emotion of that day, the morning after comes flooding back. Stabbing at the scar on my heart.

Shortly after finishing the 3 part morning after, I gave the blog a name and wrote a welcome post, within the next few hours 4 posts would join it.

Thus starting my time as a blogger. The telling my story.The story of Kim and of living life in the shadow of leukemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment