Hair today Gone tomorrow

Spend most of the morning and some of the afternoon running around doing the usual stuff that keeps a family going. It was time to head down to see Kim, on the way out I notice it is the 23 November. That means its 18 days since Dr L gave us the news and 13 days since she started chemotherapy.

Clean hands, on with apron and into see Kim. She looked upset my eye wander down to the beds table where a mound of dirty blond hair laid. I could feel the sadness build as she was loosing her hair. The hair she loved so much, the hair that hid the hearing aids she needed to hear and behave just like a teenager with normal hearing. This need or want to be a normal teen that won her awards. She will have to come to terms with having her disability on show along with the leukemia attacking her body.

Kim was not in the mood for a long conversation, nether was I. So we had a broken uneasy chat, as I installed the Freeview box and hoped it worked, it did. Now she could get her fix of Hollyoaks.

As I walk to the landrover, I feel so low, It is so horrible to see her hair going, to see her drained and sad. It wears on the soul.

A tear runs down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment