Back to work

My mobile sprang into life, sounding my first day back at work. As normal I roll over and snooze it. Not much was said when I was driving around, when I got back to site, comments where a mix of are you feeling better. and oh I heard about your step daughter, how is she.

I know they meant well and it must be hard to chat to some one that had the crap I have had over the last few week but I felt like saying “No i'm in agonizing pain that why i'm flipping working! Idiot !!!” to the are you feeling better and “she is fine, having chemotherapy for leukemia. Losing her hair, looking like shit.!!! Idiot” to hows Kim ones.

I did not, as I did not have the energy to get upset about it, after all they were trying to show they cared.

I got though the day (just) and headed home, I had food and headed off to See Kim.

She had lost even more hair, her bed look like it had been used by a molting dog. Patches of skin appeared though the hair that was still holding on to they home as long as they could.

She was down as another problem has arrived, a rash. Kim comment on it is one that cant be blogged as it too rude, the gist of it was 'this rash is very annoying. I wish it would go away' I will leave you to imagine what she said.

As I head to the landrover my soul is worn a bit more, The pain of seeing her so ill hurts a bit more .

A lone tear runs down my face.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I wonder how much of this blog is even true. You seem quite hostile towards people who are asking how your stepdaughter is doing. Not what I normally see on blogs of families with critically ill children. Most are appreciative of prayers & support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This section of the blog, It truly shows my feeling at that time which were all over the place. You will see in future posting that appreciative of support both emotional and physical.

    This Blog is time shifted (1yr 8 months). There is a posting scheduled for 10 sept, that is the appreciative and explains this hostile posting. if you would like to have a sneaky peak email leukemicstepchild@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete