Day out

I wake up to the sound of the hoover and smell of polish. I walk into the bathroom to see it been clean to within a inch of its life. I get dressed and head downstairs where I see shell in a almost dueling like manner attacking the sofa with the hoover.

I can tell Kim is coming home, the latest news is this is a one day visit home, not the week she was hoping. Well it better than nothing, and the word has got out. There is a huge list of people wanting to pop around, we are warily that this could tire kim out too much or worse one of them could bring an illness with them.

Quick conversation with them about illnesses drop the list by half. We did not want to do it, but we had to do it to protect Kim. My mum had visited her a lot when she is in hospital so decided to not pop in. with all that sorted it was time to go get Kim.

Kim was sitting on the corner of her bed coat in hand, bandanna on head. Chomping at the bit to get going. It is strange going into the room with out the barrier nursing stuff on. But considering she was heading out some what logical.As we left the cleaning staff arrive to do a full deep clean of the room during her time away.

I can't remember who got to Kim first Shell, Steph or Billy. All I know is she had a big welcome. After billy ran around madly he joined kim on the sofa. Where they both fell asleep. And that is what Kim did most of the day, sleep. The Treatment was really taking it out of her.

1 comment:

  1. that dog is a great big softie at heart, but looks a pin in the arse when you walk through the door

    ReplyDelete