Bubble Wrap

I deposited Kim back into her nice clean room, the deep clean team did a wonderful job.
Driving back was a mix of emotions, it was nice to have her home for the day but she was weak as a kitten. So fragile I had a image of wrapping her up in bubble wrap for the journey back*.

As I pull up the handbrake a wave of tiredness flows over me, It may of look to any outsiders as a lazy day at home, although you could not see, I had been far from restful from the first time I set eyes on her this morning, there are a lot of thing you can check without touching. Rate of breathing, pupil reaction time, blood refill to skin. And that what I did all day, checking for changes in the above. And now the mental strain is showing.

I drop my weary body out of the landy and head into the house, the door squeaks as I open it, The house looked normal enough, shell checking emails the kids watching TV, but there is a feeling of unfilled space and a more sombre mood than the normal tonight. I wonder if seeing her here has brought home the thin line she treads.

As I lay in bed that night looking at the ceiling as I normal do now, I feel as far away from Kim as I have ever felt before and so close.

*I do have a weird mind, or its a defence mechanisms. I cant work out which one it is. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment