Christmassy Hospital

Glad that I am out of the Santa suit, the lift door open and I step into the entrance area for Kims ward.

Oh great, Christmas decoration hang from the doors and the walls. Great I don't have the Christmas feeling, and Christmas is everywhere.

Kim is lying on the bed watching TV, and on the laptop chatting. As I chat with the nurses about the home rest over Christmas. It going to be for 10 days,  hopefully normal enough to feel like the holiday season.

The Isolation is not a strict as normal as her white cell count is up and she is fairly stable. So she takes great Pride is telling me that she has been decoration the ward, and the tree. Kim loves Christmas, and is really looking forward to it, seeing the family and good food.

She was going on about her Nans Christmas dinner and how much she would enjoy it. Compared to the not very nice food* the hospital proves. As she did she was eating a bag of crisps I brought in.

She ends the visit by trying to talk one of the nurse that came in to check her temp, blood pressure, etc. in to letting her go now a day or so early. Much to the nurse's amusement.

As I am heading off I talk to the nurses, They enjoy her being there when she is like this, almost back to her old cheeky funny self. I take one last look. The next time I see her I will be a pack horse as we leave to come home together.

A Christmas with Kim being funny and cheeky. Maybe Christmas is not going to be too bad after all.

*well I can't repeat the exact words

No comments:

Post a Comment