Drained Piggy Bank

Having a ill child in hospital is not only physically and emotionally draining, it is also draining on the old bank balance. Especially during the recession, and the fuel prices going up, my trips to the hopstial are bring my mileage up. I have gone from 300 miles a month (75 miles a week) up to 800 to 1200 a month (200 to 300 miles a week). Oh, yes the knock on effect of high fuel prices is a raise in food prices.
Hospital Parking charges are draining too, £2 a visit, there is a system for getting it cheaper, but only if you can go there during the working day. No chance of getting it if you work all day.

The hard part is balancing going down to regularly visit Kim and staying in the black.

And before anyone says “Stop complaining” I will. Plus point, Vat down to 15% for 13 months

See you next week, when I get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment