Tradition

Bloody hell its almost Christmas. Where did that come from? And guess who has been 'volunteered'* for a tradition in my department at work. Yes you guessed it ME!!

I have to dress up as Father Christmas and hand out present to nursery children, something I would have trouble with even if my mind was not else where. But Sharron one of the drivers said she would help, and she was already dressed for it.

Standing in the reception area dressed in a ill fitting Santa suit, bad fake beard,. Sharron stands next to me wearing a much better looking outfit. Black Boots with white fur trim, black legging, Santa Smock, Green wig, jester style Santa hat, rosie cheeks (make up) and a big smile.

As the Kids arrive we take ours seats, and start handing out the presents. I am glad Sharron is there, as I am not that talkative, but she is cover for it well. My thoughts where with Kim,wondering what she would be doing now, If she had visitors? Not the sea of children in front of me, fresh faced without a care in the world , so innocent and naïve to the horrors of the world.

Sometimes I wished I could be like that, and not scarred by life and death.

*everyone bar me knew what was coming and legged it, thanks guys 

No comments:

Post a Comment