Coming home for christmas

Its the morning of Kim christmas break. And Shell is coming to the end of the cleanathon, by hoovering the beds and washing the sheets. Thank goodness I would be on the road to the hospital when she is dueling with the sofas using a hoover pipe, It a sight to be seen. The Cupboards are stocked and space made for the pills, creams and thermometer.

It was sunny but cold December day. I had been tired up with another matter in Shrewsbury, and got to Kim in the early afternoon. She was sitting on her bed when I arrived, arms crossed complaining I was late*.

With the need for barrier nursing gone I just walk in, It is strange walking in without the apron and hand cleaning. I disconnect the Freeview box and pack up the Xbox. With this done everything is ready to go.

She came with a suitcase, backpack and one plastic shopping bag. And now I think we have the complete luggage set to take back. I resist the urge to joke about women and packing for holidays.

We say bye and see you after Christmas to the nursing staff. We head to the landy, I joke that with all this stuff it could be overloaded. Kim just looks at me with her 'thats a bad joke' look.

Kim settle into the landy wrapping her quilt around herself, As it cold out and the fan is doing the on off game. It amazing how thing start playing silly bugger when you need it. Oh, well. At least she is warm in her quilt.

We arrive home and everyone is in doing what they normal do. The in laws appear from across the road moments after we get in the door. Stuart is complaining that his mate cant come in, but one of them has had diarrhoea the day before. And he cant quite get it idea of bug being bad for kim into his head.

Kim settle on the sofa to watch a Christmas film, turn on the subtitles, Slides her hand up her head , turning off her hearing aids to block out her grandad taking about nothing really to her.

Pat, Shell, Mandy and myself are looking at each other trying not to laugh as we all know that kim has turn her aids off and that he is unaware that she has, He finally stops when kim falls asleep.



*She should know by now that I am not the best of time keepers

No comments:

Post a Comment