First visit to Kim in QEH

Its Saturday, its been 3 day since Kim move to Queen Elizabeth and I just found something out as I try to park up. That my vehicle wont fit under the hight barrier at the car park, and the Parking staff are really nice and helpful people. After they pointed me to a parking bay with a parking slip, I head in to try and find the ward.

I have been to small universities than this. I stand there looking at the map. 4 zones red,orange, purple and green. 6 floors on each. So with a rough idea of where I was going in mind, I headed off to the right colour zone. I found the ward. The colour and floor system works quite well.

“Have you found your internet dongle” I say with a smile, “yes, you know that” is the reply. She lost it a day or so before. We start chatting about the move.

“I wish it I was closer to home, I miss you visiting. Most of the other patients don't talk English” I looked around, and yes the ward she was on was multicultural. I look back at Kim “ They are probably secure in there first language, as you are in type communication” Kim nods in agreement.

We carry on chatting for a while, about all sorts of things. Before I pick up a a big bag of washing. And head off back to where I parked.

Now it is time to sit in my metal bubble, travel, think, worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment