counselling anyone?

Its been a Month since Kim's passing. Mandy is hugging the bin as she lays in bed. Her behaviour is worrying me. She has been going out, getting drunk more often and in large amounts. Everyone is having trouble, including me.

I would explain the problems everyone is having, but it gets complicated and Shell has banned me from blogging about her emotion mountain, warning that she would bestow a divorce on me if I did.

As Mandy groans into the bin, I sit on our bed with Shell watching TV. I have been mulling over the Idea of family counselling. I have had counselling before, for some horrible jobs I have had in my volunteering with a large first aid charity. Finding this has helped, I had been pondered about how the rest of the family would react to the idea, of talking about they deepest emotions with a stranger . They have enough trouble talking about them in the family.

I turn to Shell “ you know this is not normal for Mandy, she is struggling. Everyone is, we need help” Shell says nothing so I carry on “ we need counselling, all of us. You know what I am like after it, It helps.” Shell agrees that something needs doing, so I tell her where the phone number is to a service the GP surgery gave me.

Shell turns in for the night leaving me to watch TV and ponder over whether to grow a beard or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment