avoiding me are you.

Its half way though the day and A member of staff is still avoiding me like the plague. I know why they are, They don't know what to say or how I will react. Do they think that when they say “how are you“ I would take my work boot off and say “yes, I can talk to her on this” then hold my boot to my ear and hold the lace out like an antenna.

With that thought, I decided to help him over it, by going over and chatting. But with out talking about Kim, asking how he is or offering how I was. And see how long it would be for he ran or asked about kim / me. A bit cruel of me, but my mind was in dark humour mode.

I had decided to hide his identity.
I started with a favourite of the UK,

Me “ Afternoon, The bloody morning fog makes it fun driving first thing in the morning”
Member of Staff “ Umm, yes. I think it would”
Me “ Yup, total nightmare. Anyway any thing interesting been going on lately”
MoS “ Now much really”
I can see the sweat of worry forming
Me “ that's about right for around here. What about UFO spotted in Bridgnorth, Do you think ET come back to pay his phone bill. ”
MoS laughs “ A intergalactic call, now that going to cost a bit.”
he moves nervously, I have the mental image of him thinking of the boot phone. At this point I decide to take pity on him.
Me “ Oh sorry, I forgot to ask how you are”
MoS “ Im fine ta” He pauses, takes a deep breath “and how are you”
Me “ Me, well I'm ok. It been a bit rough of late. But I am trying to look on the bright side, that Kim in no longer, in pain. Some times it works some times it does not. ”
MoS “That good then”
Me “ Yes, anyway must get going, I should be working.”

To the Member of staff. I'm sorry about that, But it did shatter the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment