I never expected to see that

To save you a lot of repetitive posts, in the same format of, got up went to work, thought of Kim all day and struggled, came home thought of Kim, supported everyone else, struggled then went to bed. I decided to jump on in time again.

I have Just finished a summer of doing Portable Appliance Testing or PAT for short. It is monotonous. Basically it's. Write down the items number, visual check, open plug, check connections, close plug, plug into tester, clip test lead on, press a button, write down reading, press another button, write down reading, stick a sticker on it. And repeat until every portable appliance is done, all 4 thousand of them.

Anyway enough about my summer at work, It's the 13th of September 2009. I am at one of my favour events with my First aid hobby. Lake Vyrnwy half Marathon. It was not on last year as Doug Morris the main organizer, all round good guy, lovely chap. Passed away.

We are standing in front of the first aid post, watching the runners heading for the buses to the start line. For the most part we get very little problem with this event as all the runner are diligent amateur, taking there sport very seriously and know they own limits.

As they walk to the buses, some loosing up before getting on. All dressed in the usual running gear except one. The three of us standing together took a double take, at a 6ft sunflower walking passed us. Brad a new adult member fresh from the cadets ranks, looks at me with a smile and asks “ How do you give mouth to mouth to a sunflower?”

I start to chuckle at the Monty Python like image in my head of trying to resuscitate a sunflower, when Dave the third member of this little group came out with “ It would bee very difficult!” I joked that “it would bee easier for a first aider dressed in yellow and black stripes”. We all start Laughing, then groan at how bad the puns really were.

No comments:

Post a Comment