Another thing to get my head around

A letter fell on the mat today when I was home for lunch, One of great importance. Do you remember the letter we missed to open the day after Kim death, this new one was linked to that.

The Letter was from CAMHS, Shropshire's Child and Adolescents Mental Health Service. Saying that due to us not contacting then over the letter dated the 22 February 2009, Stephanie has been taken off the register. This started a hurried forage for the original letter.

I better fill you in on Stephanie. She is a handful, with what her Special Education Need paperwork calls Global Development Delay with a long list of what problems she has, that would fill at least 4 blog postings by themselves.

Shell found the letter, looked at it and handed to me. It started with the usual waffle, about the clinic visits and test etc, It then told us what the results were. I looked at the finding for a moment or two, thinking Why does everything come at once.

The Paragraphs that got me when along the lines of 'She has many problems, only one of which can be dealt with by CAMHS, This being A.D.H.D'

'To continue on to treatment of this condition please contact us for an appointment, If you don't contact us will with take it you wish not to continue using the CAMH Service and immediately removed from care'

Quickly I find the cordless phone and ring the CAMHS office, and start explaining why we have not been in contact. “ The letter arrived the day after her half sister death and unfortunately got mix up in the medley of this event.” The soft gentle tone of the female staff member replies “ I with let the Doctor know, As these are exceptional circumstances I can see little problem with you being put back into our service” I thank her for her understanding and She offered her condolences.

I sit there smoking a roll up for a few. Thinking about it all, trying to get my already mixed up head around this new situation. Before heading back to work

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about this; it must have been very traumatic for you. A good thing that the organisation seem to have honoured your situation however.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete