The Funeral - Part 4

The mourning car drives off after it has done it's final duty for us, deliver us to the wake. It is at the woodlands pub, Yes you cant have a wake without alcohol. I know some of you will be thinking about my landy being parked there, but rest assured I wont be drink driving as I don't drink any more.

The room was full of people. Someone joked it would be a handful of people if there was not free food, the cynical person. Taking of food, I found my bother in law has a new trick, been able to keep his plate steady not loosing a single bit of food as he misses a chair and ends up on the floor, yes I know your not meant to laugh but I did.

There was a lot of people coming up and given they condolences, after the first 16 I decided it was time for a smoke so headed outside. My two best mates are in the smoking area, Tom and Craig. We start chatting about the day, about Stuart almost following Kim into the hole and my joke in the car.

Then we are interrupted by a guest asking who the bloke was in the grey Liverpool top is, they were surprised to find out it was Kim Biological Father. This was not the last time I was asked who he was.

I think from the amount of offerings of alcoholic beverages, anyone would of thought I was a drunk. Its amazing how many people have a weird look on their face when you say “that's very nice of you but I don't drink alcohol. A couple of times I did wonder if I had two heads.

The teens too young to get booze from the bar where trying to get some, in numerous ways. All failed as it was the same things we tried when we were their age, I am think they don't believe we were their age once.

The wake was winding down, the usual suspects where slipping what was left on the food table into carry bags they are hiding under the table. With this we head for home, I am physical and emotionally drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment