3 days off.

Its the 28th October, half term week. I am in in the first two day and off for the rest of the week. A break from the madness of work, time to support the family a bit more. Oh and more importantly a lie in.

But before I can start with the 3 days off, I need to do something. Chase up my appointment. Yes, it still has not arrived 3 weeks after contacting them. I can see them telling me it going to be in the new year. Its almost 12 months now. Oh well.

Shell and a visitor look at me as I am forthright with the woman on the phone, telling them politely that I want a appointment booking right now, as two attempts at getting one, direct from ward and a call a month ago failed to secure one. She asked when my hospital stay was, there was a moment of silence on the phone when I told her. It was broken by her say right, ok, I just looking for the earliest available slot. “ I have booked you into a clinic in December, I can see the date as yet but you are on the system now, any problems please call...” She gave me her name & extension number.

So with that hopefully sorted, I turn to a another task for my 3 days off. Expand Shell bubble. This is getting her to come around town with me. With my shot gun psychology, the idea was sound, to swap/share the safety of home onto another object or person. Namely me.

I did not get too far, I did not even stop the landrover. Shell was not having it, she got lock into the fear and there was no shaking it. So I did not push it too much and we returned home. I am at a loss at why she is doing this, and she says she does not have a problem. And there lies the first problem getting her to admit she has a problem.

2 days after the phone call a letter arrives, Its from the hospital. Result, I am going on the 22 December at 2.30. It lands on the week after the students finish for Christmas, so no worries with cover to go. Shame I lost the name and extention number of the administrator that sorted it, would of like to phone her back and thank her for sorting it out, almost twelve months after someone else should of.

No comments:

Post a Comment