Betws Y Coed

I am taken a trip out to Betws Y Coed. I find a parking space, and hear a student say “he won't get it in there”, I did it easily. It is amazing how people that only drive small cars misjudge the space needed for vehicles that are a bit bigger. True the minibus did fill the parking space, but that's just life.

With the students and member of staff walking around the area, I decided to head off and look around. I noticed a sign for a railway museum. So I went to nose around it, as I have a interest in historical engineering. I walk though the doors for the museum and get welcomed by a model shop.

The Shop is laid out like a little kid dream, locomotives, rolling stock and scenic items for model train sets everywhere. I am not really bothered by this stuff, it not my thing. As I look around I spot some airfix kits, including a big spitfire. This one could have a small 6volt motor fitted to make the propeller turn slowly, I had a thing about spitfires. I had and to a extent still do have a thing about flight and aircraft. I had been a air cadet for 7 years, and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately this airfix spitfire had a price tag as big as it scale.

So I paid to go into the museum, a odd place with a mix of model and real artefacts of the railway age. I was looking at telegraph system bits they had on display, when I hear a child going, “ mum, how did that work? Where is the bit you talk into?” and the mother being lost for answers, I knew the answer to some of his questions. I remembered back to Kim asking similar questions when we were out and about.

This remembering was broken when I hear this lad asking “ Do you know how they work” and I realise he is asking me. I am a bit worried that I look rude or a pervert in the next couple of seconds, then I realise I am wearing college branded clothing. And to them I look like a educator / safe person. I reply with “a little bit” I look at his mother, who has a relived look on her face, Like she knew his question on this would carry on all day if he did not get an answer. I answered his questions, his mother thanked me and I carried on looking around.

I headed back to the minibus for lunch and a coffee. As I sat there eating a swished ham sandwich, I thought of a TV program I saw a couple of nights before call flash forward. Where everyone fall asleep for about 2 minutes at the same time and see their lives in 6 months time.

Then the what if, came into my head. What if this happened for real, and Kim saw herself being treated, would it have changed the date of diagnosis? What out come would that have had? What if it happened during treatment so the future was just blackness to her, as she was not alive? What would of that done to her head?

What if I sat in a minibus think about what could of happened if Sci fi show concept really did happen? Oh wait. Hang on, that's happening for real. I look down at my boots, hold back a tear, oh God how I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment