Well that broke it.

Fuel station closed for delivery, damn. It was queuing before. Its a good thing I go to try and fuel at half a tank. I now have less than I would like, but enough to do the drop off run tonight, then I can fuel after it.

As I am in Meifod, Sharron one of the drivers texts. She is having problems with her minibus. She is slowly making her way back to the college, but wants me to come over and have a look, or stay with her if she has to wait for recovery. Before I can phone her Barry rings, he tells me Sharron can only hear on her phone but cant talk, I found out where she is from him, it is only 17 miles away. As I text her to say I'm on my way, I spot a problem I have.

I do not have enough fuel to get to her and get back to site. So I have to go back to Oswestry fuel and head out. That will make the trip 21 miles, adding 4 miles to it. Oh well, that life. As I drive back to town, I can see the problem Sharron was having, She could not phone the breakdown service. As the microphone on her phone was defective.

I arrive to find her stopped at the cross roads to a very busy 60 mile an hour road. I can see, why she stop. People overtake on this road in the most dangerous places when your doing 50mph. And this bus is being driven at 30mph. Where is it is not the best of places to leave a minibus in the dark. We know there is a slow road that has a car park 4 miles down it that is one you can drive down at 30mph without the threat of death.

We agreed that we would get to the car park and work out if we could make it the rest of the way to the garage. Plus the car park is a pub car park, and no we not going to stop for a stiff drink.

The drive was painful slow, it was when the braking system decided it was going to join in on the fun about 100 yards from the navigation inn we knew the game was over, and work was going to have to pay for a recovery. After Phoning the breakdown company on my works mobile, we when into the inn, where in it lovely warm and inviting lounge type room away from the cold, Sharron tries to give the landlord a heart attack, by missing out the word empty when she said there was two minibuses outside.

By the time we had a lovely warming coffee, hatch a plan for liberation one of our Walford campus minibuses with my counter part on that site know. As we could not contact him (all his buses were in so his phone was off) to do the morning run. and some jokes about her breaking her bus. The Recovery truck arrived.

The broken Minibus was loaded on to it, I took a photo of it on the truck. And It was time to go. As I followed I looked at this minibus on the back of the truck.

And think there is a sad look to a minibus on the back of a recover truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment