The Road to Machynlleth

Its the 25 May 2009, and I am on a 100 mile round trip errand of mercy. To collected stranded students and staff from Machynlleth. I don't know why they are stuck, just that I had 5 minute to get on the road. Its a good thing I know the route to Machynlleth well, I travelled it over many years going to the caravan my mum and dads used to have in Borth.

As I get to the sign for the town, I can see how bad the weather is. It is raining sideways!! Ok I know it can not technically rain sideways, but it was having a good go. Memories come back to me, eating chips from that chippy on the bench outside, getting stuck on the station as the train broke down. Many a happy or fun memories. But I was not here for a trip down memory lane, I was here to pick up students.

I pull up to the hastily arranged pick up point to find, well, umm, soggy or wet does not cover it. A group of Students and staff that look like they had just been pulled out of Cardigan Bay. I stop with the sliding door away from the rain. They hurriedly get in, almost instantly the inside of the minibus windows get covered in condensation.

After clearing the windows in the cab area, I headed off. Hoping that I get back in time so a hold on all transport does not happen. As I drive, I think about how the road would be to drive with a trailer or touring caravan. This thought is after a little bit of fun with pulling a trailer a week before after at least a two years break from towing them.

My thoughts on pulling trailers were stop when we passed the place I had to pull into on a trip to the coast with the family. Stu had one to many pink wafers, and was, well a bit car sick. Its a good thing that defenders are wipe cleanable. Much to the disgust of Kim.

Kim even out here miles away from home, Thing still appear that reminds me of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment